Welcome to Magazine Premium

You can change this text in the options panel in the admin

There are tons of ways to configure Magazine Premium... The possibilities are endless!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Wyatt Received his Wings

December 8, 2009
By

It is with a sad and joyous heart that I let everyone know that my beloved Wyatt was called to heaven yesterday and received his wings. Charlie & Dino were waiting for him and they are now going to show him around. He can now be the rambunctious big puppy again. I thanked the Lord for allowing me to care for such a tender and beautiful creature as Wyatt. To understand Wyatt and why he is so special you can read his story here. Wyatt was more than a dog, he was my K9 Partner and made one of my dreams come true. I will never forget you my Big Boy – Your playful grin when you were happy to see me, your whole body shaking as you wagged a missing tale, the beautiful brown eyes, and you talking to me when you wanted me to do something. Oh, how I miss my Wyatt.

I know he boot scooted across the Rainbow Bridge where he met Charlie and Dino.

To my Big Man Wyatt – Rest in Peace Baby boy, you earned your wings.

God gives us these beautiful creatures and we accept them not knowing how long they will be in our life but they stamp themselves directly into our hearts forever.
“I’ll lend you, for a little while, a Dog of mine,” He said.
For you to love while he lives and mourn when he is dead.
It may be two or seven years, or twenty-two or three,
But will you, ‘til I call him back, take care of him for me?
He’ll bring his charms to gladden you, and shall his stay be brief,
You’ll have his lovely memories as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise he will stay, as all from earth return,
But there are lessons taught down there I want this dog to learn.
I’ve looked the wide world over in my search for teachers true,
And from the throngs that crowd life’s lanes, I have selected you.
Now will you give him all your love – not think the labor vain.
Nor hate me when I come to call to take him back again.
I fancied that I heard them say, “Dear Lord, thy will be done.”
For all the joy this dog shall bring, the risk of grief we’ll run.
We’ll shower him with tenderness and love him while we may,
And for the happiness we’ve known, forever grateful stay.
And should the angels call for him much sooner than we planned,
We’ll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand.”
Author Unknown

To those who think – Why all the stress over an animal – then I feel sorry for you in not knowing the joys of interacting with these beautiful creatures.

Suzanne Clothier is quoted as saying –
“There is a cycle of love and death that shapes the lives of those who choose to travel in the company of animals. It is a cycle unlike any other. To those who have never lived through its turnings and walked its rocky path, our willingness to give our hearts with full knowledge that they will be broken seems incomprehensible. Only we know how small a price we pay for what we receive; our grief, no matter how powerful it may be, is an insufficient measure of the joy we have been given.”

We willing loved and then let go of Wyatt and Thanked God for the opportunity he gave us and look forward to many more of these opportunities of knowing, loving more of his beautiful creatures and that my special Wyatt, Charlie Angel and Dino will be watching over us.

Rest in Peace Big Man for you truly are an Angel! I love you!

13 Responses to Wyatt Received his Wings

1. Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels on December 8, 2009 at 10:10 pm

Nancy: I am so sorry for your loss. Your post is so sweet and touching and now I have tears running down my face as I hold my 2 dogs close…

2. Michelle on December 8, 2009 at 10:29 pm

I am sorry for your loss. You have a wonderful perspective, and I know He will send another wonderful soul to you to care for…. Sounds like any animal would be lucky to live at the Ranch!

3. Deb ~ Frugal Living And Having Fun on December 9, 2009 at 1:58 am

Dear Nancy,
    Stopping by to let you know that you are in my thoughts at this time, and that I feel your loss. You are a blessing to society, and you give back so much. I read Wyatt's story, and I am very touched by your love and dedication. May God give you and your family the comfort you need at this time.

Blessings, and Thoughts go out your way, Deb Sutherland
    Frugal Living And Having Fun

4. Deb ~ Frugal Living And Having Fun on December 10, 2009 at 3:18 am

Nancy, How are you doing today?

I hope you are finding comfort knowing that your dog is in a better place right now.

Here is the Walmart List:

Also, I hope you did get my message regarding my mailing address. Thanks. I am excited to get my CD..a present for my 14 year old daughter.

blessings,
    Deb @ Frugal Living And Having Fun

5. Jamie on December 10, 2009 at 3:22 am

Oh Nancy, I'm so sorry for your loss. Wyatt sounds like he was such an incredible doggie! Your family is in my thoughts!

6. Pat James on December 10, 2009 at 4:55 am

Sweetie, that was written so well and I know you meant every word. Every time I think about him I shed a tear. He will be missed dearly and he is a very good place now. Take care, we love you.

7. day356 on December 10, 2009 at 3:51 pm

Dogs are special and are missed as any family member would be.

8. tagskie on December 10, 2009 at 4:00 pm

hi.. just dropping by here… have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

9. SonyaAnn on December 10, 2009 at 7:34 pm

No one will ever understand the love of a Rott. Our "puppy" Thor passed and its something that still hurts. My heart and love are with you.
    Love always,
    SonyaAnn

10. Brandy @ Brandys Big Bargains on December 11, 2009 at 6:35 pm

Nancy, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you are doing okay. Please let me know if you need anything. That was written so beautifully, I shed tears as I read it.

11. Deb ~ Frugal Living And Having Fun on December 11, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Nancy, I'm worried about you….are you ok, sweetie? Please let me know…Deb @ Frugal Living And Having Fun

12. Marilyn's Money on December 12, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Nancy, so sorry, the tears were streaming when I first read, I really was unable at the time to comment. I have a little"Chloe" myself, she's more than part of the family.Chin-up Nance, God will take care of you …and Wyatt.

13. Jennifer on December 18, 2009 at 7:29 pm

I'm so sorry Nancy! What an amazing story though. He sounds like a special dog.