Welcome to Magazine Premium

You can change this text in the options panel in the admin

There are tons of ways to configure Magazine Premium... The possibilities are endless!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Happenings at the Ranch……I’ve been in the Hospital

April 24, 2010

Boy have I had a rough two days beginning Wednesday morning. I’ve been under the weather since Sunday and by Wednesday Morning when I finally told Bear I was ready to go to the Emergency room he knew I wasn’t kidding.

I had him drop me off at 6:00AM at the ER and I told him to go on to work – no use in both of us staring at the walls in the ER.

Good time to go, it was fairly empty and they got me in rather quickly. They took my information, started an IV, took some blood, and then the Dr. ordered Dilaudid, Benadryl, and Pepcid AC. Oh, my, oh my, was that instant relief! Although the room was somewhat spinning, I was in so much relief they could have done anything to me and I would not have cared! I was then given an EKG, UltraSound, and a CT scan and the results are an Enlarged Liver and a TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) of 29 – which is High for being on medication. My bloodwork came back with some high results in the Liver enzymes also – not real high but not where they should be either.

So, I was admitted to the hospital and the poking, prodding, and question and answer game began. First, the standard procedure is to receive a Heparin shot – nurse wanted to put this in my stomach which my answer was – thank you but no……they ended up giving it to me in the back of the arm. This is to help with reducing blod clots. Then they came in to draw some more blood and get me settled in for the rest of the evening. I was put on a liquid diet – have you ever had a liquid diet – your only friend is the jello! Good think I love jello!

I doze off and on most of the night – I was scared to tell you the truth, but Cowgirls don’t cry so what can you do but Cowgirl up and find out what is wrong.

Morning finally arrives – how do I know this – I am awakened by the Vampires that want to take my blood at 4:15AM – during one of my good dozing session! At least they are good Vamps and get the blood on the first stab!

Dr. comes rollin’ in around 9AM and tells me the good news is that my blood work from yesterday AM and this AM shows my Liver Enzymes are improving. Okay, thats good but what caused it to spike they do not know. She asked me if the pain meds were working (they had switched me to an oral medication called Tramadol), I told her not really as I was still hurting and not resting very well. They changed me over to Morphine – yep, that worked real well, I could finally doze comfortably. They did let me take a shower – felt good but really only had one hand – the right was gloved and the IV was not cooperating – but I got all the primary areas washed! Right before lunch the primary Dr. came in with the student doctors to discuss my case. It seems my glucose is high so I now have an appointment with a specialist on Glucose managment. My Thyroid medicine will be changed to see if we can get that down and I will need to see a GI specialist regarding my Liver.

The good news was they let me go yesterday evening – I could not get out of that place fast enough! Went straight home and since I had already had a shower – went straight to bed! I was so exhausted that I didn’t move or wake-up until early this morning – had to go to the bathroom!

I worked from home today which was great because I am still pretty weak and tired from all the poking and prodding.

So, that is what has been happening here at the ranch!

Oh, Margie called me tonight and said our Filly, Stella, is really starting to fill out and look really nice. I am so happy – that girl has been long time gettin’ here!


8 Responses to Happenings at the Ranch……I’ve been in the Hospital

  1. Marilyn's Money on April 24, 2010 at 1:43 am

    Oh Nancy, I am so sorry, you are sick, get well soon, or I'll have to Nures you back to health! Hee Hee

  2. Marlane on April 24, 2010 at 1:47 am

    Awww, so sorry you are feeling bad. Hopefully you will have a speedy recovery and they will figure out what is causing your liver enzymes to be off. Just rest up for a couple of days and get better soon!

  3. Jamie @ I Am A Money Magnet on April 24, 2010 at 1:49 am

    Oh my gosh girl!!! You've had a lot going on this week! I'm so thankful that you were able to get out that place, I'm sure that was rough! I'll be praying that the doctors have the wisdom to figure out what the heck is going on!

  4. Nancy on April 24, 2010 at 2:45 am

    Marilyn, no late nights for me and no margaritas – but we can still have margaritaville Friday's – I'm just on the unleaded version! Thanks for stoppin in and checkin in!

  5. Nancy on April 24, 2010 at 2:46 am

    Marlane, thank you for stoppin' by – thank you for the prayers – can't have to many of those now can we? I am a little better tonight just am afraid to eat – don't know what or what won't set my stomach off!

  6. Nancy on April 24, 2010 at 2:47 am

    Thanks Jamie and thank you very much for the prayers! I am still reeling from those two days!

  7. Walking on Sunshine... on April 25, 2010 at 2:36 am

    WOW!!! Glad you're doing somewhat better! Keep us posted!

  8. slugmama on May 3, 2010 at 12:48 am

    I just saw you've been sick….hope you are better soon!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *